Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tribute to my Mother(s)

My mom prayed at my birthday meal this past week; she thanked God for giving her the desire of her heart when i was born. We joked afterwards asking if i was still the desire of her heart. =) (She said yes) My mom really wanted a girl, just ONE girl though. =) That's why i'm the desire of her heart. She has been a huge blessing to me throughout the years, especially since i've been married. probably because i have more of a appreciation of how tough being a mom can be. She has always been there for me, even when it wasn't convenient for her and she had to sacrifice things in her own life. She watches the girls for me so i can work without having to pay for child care. that is a HUGE blessing at this time in our lives. She brings me necessities like meat and toilet paper when we need it =) not to mention supplies nearly all of the girl's clothes. These are just a few ways to show that i don't know what I would do without my mom, and the example of a wife and mother that she has set for me. I'm proud to say she is not only my mom, but my friend. Mom, I love you and respect you more than you'll ever know. enjoy your day!

This was taken last mother's day:


Couldn't resist this one:




Most comments about mother-in-laws are negative - not so in my case! God has blessed me with the best mother-in-law in the world. i could not have ever imagined having such a great relationship as i have with Mom Norman. She and i have always gotten along (as far as i know) =) and have enjoyed the times we have been able to spend together - like getting lost in jackson when nate and i were engaged. (good one mom)


She has been an encourager, partner in crime, prayer warrior, mentor, laughing partner, friend, and so much more to me over the past 4+ years. i love you mom and miss you so much...see you soon!





To all the mothers and mothers to be out there: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments: